All About Writing’s Tutoring Services
All About Writing of Howell, NJ provides customized assistance with the writing process through our expert writing tutoring program. We are proud to have worked with many of our students for five years and counting, seeing them from elementary school to high school!
Unlike many of the franchise learning and tutoring centers, we create authentic writing experiences crafted for each individual student based on his or her learning aptitudes, weaknesses, and goals.
All About Writing’s writing tutoring
- teaches writing strategies and practice using a variety of authentic literary texts across many fiction and non-fiction genres for PARCC ELA/ Literacy preparation and classroom application for the new Common Core State Standards (click here to read our blog on the PARCC test, premiering in spring, 2015)
- develops written extended responses to reading passages using higher-order thinking skills (application, analysis, synthesis, evaluation, and extension) and well-developed support achieved through student research
- improves writing, editing, and proofreading skills, as well as knowledge of the writing process from brainstorming and prewriting through to completion of the final copy
- provides ample practice with narrative and expository prompt responses in both timed and not-timed settings
- gives students weekly, level-appropriate vocabulary lessons to develop a solid vocabulary for writing and speaking, in addition to preparing for the SATs over years rather than just months
- instructs students in grammar, usage, and punctuation, which are areas often only touched upon in today’s classroom
- fosters independent application of learned writing skills already taught and modeled
- assists students with writing-based homework and school assignments, as necessary
- teaches writing strategies in an entertaining manner, making writing accomplishments and newly-learned skills easy to comprehend, retain, and apply
- individually tailors and reflectively plans lessons to meet each student’s specific writing needs, interests, and goals
- offers weekly, hour-long sessions to achieve progress over time
- supplements writing instruction and learning in non-native-English-speaking families, where parental assistance is limited due to language barriers
All About Writing works with students from third grade on, including adults!
Remember, with All About Writing, writing help is just a call or click away!
Visit our testimonials page, where students have shared the positives of their writing tutoring sessions with All About Writing. Again, All About Writing is very proud to have continually worked with many of our students since 2007!