Benefits of Blogging for Businesses
What Is a Blog?
Before your business can benefit from a blog, you must know what blogging is. The word blog is a contraction of the term “web log” and refers to an online publication or post focused on a particular topic or subject.
Blogs, often written as journals or short articles and listed in reverse-chronological order, offer a convenient online forum to exchange information as texts, images, or a combination of both. Blogs can engage viewers to comment on, further discuss, or share what is featured; they often include links to other blogs or websites. For maximum search engine optimization (SEO), your blog should be integrated into your business’s website.
How Can Your Business Benefit from Blogging?
Blogs are a convenient and effective way to…
- Share current, relevant information online with the masses
- Attract new clients to your business website through search engine optimization (SEO);
- Present rich, organic content, which is necessary for SEO; online searches through search engines such as Google are now heavily rooted in a website’s genuine content
- Showcase information about specials, promotions, updates, events, and news
- Keep your business’s online presence current and active to indicate you are open for business and in tune with the latest industry trends
- Feature your expertise and field knowledge, which establishes you as an authority
- Solicit feedback and comments from viewers, which provides you with a great source of insight as to what your customers want to know and buy
Blog posts are generally around 400 to 500 words and can be accompanied by a relevant image or graphic. When blogging, you can present blogs as individual posts or parts of a series focused on one specific topic.
Blogs are organized into categories so that viewers can easily sort through and reference specific information.
Scared to get started? Too busy to blog? Don’t know what to say?
The best way to become familiar with blogging is to jump right in! Most professionals don’t give themselves enough credit for their industry knowledge and expertise. Share what you know and what customers and potential customers want to find out about your industry or products.
All About Writing can assist you with writing effective blog posts that present information in a professional, clear, and concise format. We can help your business benefit from a blog. Learn more about All About Writing and owner Christa Riddle at www.allaboutwritingconsulting.com. Remember, writing help is just a call or click away! Call us today to schedule your free consultation and get blogging!