Use this “proofreading pointers” checklist for impressive writing in no time flat!
- Do subjects and verbs agree in number (singular vs. plural)?
- Do verb tenses correctly indicate timing and completion of actions?
- Do pronouns and the nouns they replace (antecedents) agree in number (singular vs. plural)?
- Do pronouns reflect the right gender and form (subjective vs. objective vs. possessive)?
- Do independent clauses (have a subject and a verb) join together correctly (period vs. comma and conjunction vs. semi-colon vs. colon)?
- Do transition words connect sentences and paragraphs for flow?
- Do punctuation and spelling look error-free?